Monday, March 08, 2004

|

OK, so it's been a while since I last posted. But I have GOT to get that Rosie post off the top of my page. That's what happens when you rant off the top of your head. I've got a miniseries on churches that I have started writing, but I'm going to keep it in Word until it's written, edited and prayed over, because it might upset a few apple carts. If God wants it out there for public consumption, He'll let me know.

So I'm down in the basement last night, cleaning it for the millionth time since we got married and I have a new appreciation for my wife's shopping gifts. See, we have a corner of our crawl space I call the "grocery store". There is always TONS of food. If some disaster happened tomorrow and we couldn't leave the house for six months, we're good. Here's an example. I found out last night, while organizing, that we have 18 (EIGHTEEN) cartons of apple juice.

18.

I went upstairs and promptly announced in my breadwinner voice that we have 18 cartons of apple juice downstairs and wanted to know why. My wife, who is wiser than me in just about every aspect of human existence, informed me that she saved $1 per carton when it was on sale by picking up a bunch. Besides which, it takes FOREVER to go bad and is about the only non-soda beverage Aidan will drink. So, that means extra cash in my pocket to feed my coffee jones.

This, among many other reasons, is why I love my wife.