Wednesday, June 15, 2005

|

Just an AWESOME morning!

Today was Aidan's end-of-preschool picnic. All the kids and their families met up at Dundas Driving Park for a morning of games and food. It was great to see all the 3- and 4-year olds in their "Pied Piper Co-Op" t-shirts running around and playing games. The teachers set up bubble-blowing stations, an obstacle course, a beanbag toss and other fun stuff. We all enjoyed slab pizza, ice cream and juice and many of the parents arrayed themselves around DDP's creative playground to watch about 30+ preschoolers all manage to find some space to run, play and interact with one another.

Two things stood out.

First was a brief moment when Aidan, Aaron and I all sat together and shared Aidan's ice cream. Just a peaceful moment to reflect on how blessed I am to have such a great family.

Second was when they gave out certificates to all the kids either moving from toddler to preschool or from pre-school to JK. When they called Aidan's name and he went up to receive his certificate, it hit me that this was my oldeest son's first real graduation ceremony. It brought tears to my eyes.

Most importantly, this morning was yet another reminder of just how deeply I love my family.