Friday, September 17, 2004

|

A little breather

So, Aidan is at pre-school and Christine is the "Duty Parent" (aka slave for the teachers). This means that I get a little "me" time. Well, except for the fact I have to sweep the floors, fold the laundry, do the dishes and clean the cat boxes (No smart comments, Duane). I should be able to get in another episode of From The Earth To The Moon. For those unfamiliar with this DVD, it chronicles the U.S. space program through the Gemini and Apollo missions. Very cool stuff. It's also fun at parties, as just about every b-list actor appears in it. In the first 6 episodes, I saw Tim Daly, Cary Elwes, Al Franken, Chris Isaak, Kevin Pollak and so many more. I even saw the guy who played the dad on ALF!

Even though this may be a case of tooting my horn, I encourage you to read this post at my brother Mike's blog. The reason is not because it's about me, but because it shows how much one person can influence another without realizing it. It's important to remember that someone is always watching and learning from you, and it is even more true when that someone is one of your siblings or kids.

Another one is from Amy's blog. This is such a great post and I think everyone in our little circle has already made reference to it, so apologies if this is a bit stale. It made me think of my childhood and how I used to pick out the brightest star in the sky and mark it as my Mom. Now I look for a bright cluster and mark it as Mom, Dad, Aunt Jean, Nana, Papa, Grandma, Grandpa, my Grandma Mayer and my cousin Don. Amy's post made me think of all these people and both how much I miss them and how exciting it will be to see them again in Heaven.

Finally, Christine hit 30 weeks in her pregnancy and we're thrilled to get to this point. According to ultrasound, the baby is closing in fast on 3 pounds and everything is looking good. And, lastly, tomorrow is our 5th anniversary. I can't believe I have been married for 5 years to such a beautiful, caring, compassionate, Godly woman for 5 years. And, what's better, I love her 100 times more now than I did the day I married her.

As usual, I have a lot to talk about and no time to do it. I've done this before, but here's a list of things I want to cover in my opinionated fashion:

A look at what I like and don't like about George Bush's economic platform.
Why Canadian health care is doomed
A review of the following DVD's: Show, Boomtown Season 1 and Peter Gabriel: Secret World Live.
Major League Baseball playoff predictions
Fall TV preview (I'm really looking forward to doing this one).
.....and so much more.


That's it. Until next we meet.