Thursday, August 05, 2004

|

Miss me?

I've been pretty busy over the past couple of weeks. I took a wonderful 5-day long weekend last week, which included a family visit to African Lion Safari. It was my first visit there since, I think, grade school 25 years ago. It was pretty cool. Aidan really liked seeing the monkeys, giraffes and tigers. However, he LOVED the wading pool. Getting pricey though. We had a 2-for-1 adult admission coupon (thank you, Entertainment book). Despite that, admission, three tour bus tickets, a bag of popcorn, a door hanger for Aidan and one double-scoop ice cream cone came to $80. Still a much better deal than Wonderland, but I think I'd rather visit the Metro Toronto Zoo.

Another fun part of the long weekend involved helping my sister move. It was a long day, but we learned that washing machines can be caught and that sofa beds are the toughest pieces of furniture ever invented.

The week before I had some fun playing slo-pitch. For the first time in the last 10 years, I am playing with guys who can actually cover a lot of ground. I learned this the hard way.

A fly ball was hit into left field. I was running hard to catch up to it when, all of a sudden, I hit a wall and landed on the ground. Turns out said wall was the shortstop's chest. I wound upo with a really ugly bruise on my left shoulder. Surprisingly, the shortstop took the worst of it, as he has a bone bruise on his lower ribs. I learned quickly to always call the ball, which I did every time one was hit near me this past Tuesday.

I've got lots of other things to cover, including some more thinking I've done on how I can protect children, the intrigue on the set of CSI as well as more DVD-related stuff. Right now, though, gotta go.

Later.