Wednesday, August 18, 2004

|

Not feeling too hot today....

Picked up a cold somewhere. Absolutely no idea where I got it. Neo Citran is a funny product. It makes me feel better, but it really messes with my sleeping. Knocked me silly and I was out about 10 minutes after finishing it, but then was in a kinda awake-asleep state from midnight until my alarm went off at 4:10. So I'm feeling a little iffy today. I have a sneaking suspicion coffee is going to be my best friend today.

Vacation in three weeks. Taking the second week of September off to celebrate birthday number 37 on the 12th and Anniversary number 5 on the 18th. We're going to take Aidan to a big aquarium in Niagara Falls, NY. He is just fascinated by fish.

Of course, that all assumes we don't have a baby by then. Those in readerville not familiar with the story, Aidan was born 13 weeks premature (27 weeks gestation age). He was 2 lbs., 9 oz. and basically fit in my hand. This Saturday, Christine will be 27 weeks along with baby number 2, so we're watching VERY closely for any signs of trouble. First time we see anything, off to the hospital. If they are able to stop things, it's a safe bet she'll be kept in the hospital until the baby's born, because keeping my beautiful, hard-working wife on bedrest will likely require the use of 5-point restraints and an armed guard.

So, if you have a chance, send up a prayer for us because, while we always need God's hand on us, there are times where we are extra dependent. These next few months are one of those times for Christine, Aidan and I.

Gotta go. Q107 is playing Brown-Eyed Girl, which tends to cause me violent fits. Believe me, if I had a choice between listening to Van Morrison or having a frontal lobotomy with a screwdriver, I choose the screwdriver every time.