Wednesday, May 05, 2004

|

Oh, well....................

Looks like I better get out to the road side so I can jump on the Calgary bandwagon when it rolls by.

After these playoffs, I think it's time for the Leafs to make some changes. It's obvious after the last few years that this particular group of players is good enough to make the playoffs, but is missing a few elements to be able to challenge for the Cup. Hopefully John Ferguson will see this and go about making the changes necessary to rebuild this team into a serious Cup contender. Here's hoping we'll be ready to rumble within 3 years.

Onto better stuff......

I just finished reading "Glorious Appearing", the final book in the Left Behind series. Now, the Left Behind series, which is a fictionalized interpretation of the Book of Revelations (as well as a great deal of Old Testament prophesy), will have different impacts on different people. Some will see it just as fiction and all the Scriptural references (particularly in Glorious Appearing, which is about 50% Scripture) will sail right on past them. Others, like myself, will be enormously impacted by the spiritual aspect of the series (personal conversions, wrath of God, judgments and the power of what God can do in the lives of those who let Him lead the way). Others will just have huge issues with the pre-millennialism, the focus on Christianity being "the" religion or the simple fact that the standard worldview is, according to the authors' interpretations, just plain wrong.

Having said all that, I list this series of books among the things that have had the greatest impact on me spiritually. Each book has usually found its way to my hands at a time where my walk with God was either struggling or (as in the case of GA), in the stages of renewal. Reading Glorious Appearing and Purpose-Driven Life concurrently has renewed my desire to seek a closer relationship with God and serve Him more effectively. As frequent visitors are aware, this renewal has been going on almost continuously since Good Friday and I am excited to see where God is leading me.

If you have not yet read any of the Left Behind series, I urge you to give it a try. I found the books to be very fast reads and will make you laugh, cry and, at times, leave you breathless. I believe all of the books (except GA), can be borrowed at the Philpott Library. They are also available through the Hamilton Public Library.

Gotta boogie. Duty calls.

Later.