Friday, July 02, 2004

|

I want a PARADE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had an epiphany this week. Started out as a joke, evolved into a legit idea:

Think about this:

The Caribbean community celebrates their heritage with a Toronto-wide festival called Caribana.

Other ethnic groups also celebrate their heritages with slightly smaller events during the year.

We just endured gay pride week (I refuse to capitalize the title). They get numerous parades and special events.

I have decided to write my MP asking for Caucasian Heterosexual Week. I think we should have a parade where we can celebrate our straightness, our pasty whiteness and our love of things like sports, Bugs Bunny cartoons and lasting marriages/relationships with members of the opposite sex.

I'm convinced that caucasian male heterosexuals are now a minority in Canada, and we are entitled to an opportunity to celebrate who we are.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE, MY BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!